
I have been wanting to take Sierra ice skating for a long time, and we finally got our chance! It was a wonderful date. First we went to get lunch and then we went to the tiny outdoor rink in Bellevue. She did awesome! She even let me help her some. We took a nice little hot chocolate break while they zambonied (sp?) the rink and then headed back out for some more. A few too many slips on the newly wet ice was enough for Sierra though, and we headed home damp but happy. You might notice she has an orange "scarf" on (I put that in parentheses because it is really just a scrap of fleece fabric from the Bronco blanket I made Erik last year). The scarf is very significant because, in Sierra's words, "I need the scarf because that is how I know I am ice skating."
And yes... one more sideways video, but scroll down and you will see I finally took some video on my camera the correct way! (see blog entry "Silly Renate")
2 comments:
I'm so glad it went well and that it was a good time with Sierra. The picture with her is great.
love the orange scarf too - funny what how they incorporate props. when we first got the easel, eva would have to get her "artist" hat - an old green barret (sp) from the thrift shop.
Post a Comment