
Halloween was a blast this year, again. However this time Sierra was not quite as timid (not that she was timid last year). This year she pretty much ran the show either staying ahead of or just keeping up with the older kids in the group, sprinting from house to house. And I mean truly sprinting. It was all we could do to get them to slow down and breathe in between! At one point between houses Sierra completely stopped and hung her head, pouting. When we asked her why, she replied in a somewhat whiney, sad voice "But I'm not the winner." Needless to say it was tough not to laugh, but it was also scary to think "what are we creating here?" Meanwhile, Renate just hung out in the stroller, which Opa happily pushed. About mid way through she had enough and he took her back to the house for bed. The best part? When we got back to our cul-de-sac, Sierra ran inside and instantly donned her pajamas and got ready for bed all by herself. Apparently she determined herself finished. Even better.... Sierra completely forgot about her huge bag of candy by the next morning and has barely mentioned it since!
1 comment:
I want a copy of that smiling picture of Renate - don't think I've seen anything cuter!
Post a Comment