Thursday, December 18, 2008

December, oh lovely December!

December thus far has been full of fun!  This post actually starts with the beginning of December at the bottom and works it's way up.  Though you read it from top down.  I am still learning how to do this best.  Suggestions?  I will post a few more of our recent December adventures tomorrow (including some fun snow ones!)

Sierra decorating the Christmas tree.  
Funny how most of the ornaments ended up in the same area of the tree.  Sierra was very into it and wanted to make sure things look just right (where does she get that from?)

We celebrated an early Christmas with Great-Grandma Lucy who is heading to San Diego for the Holidays.  It was a wonderful visit full of laughs, yummy brownies and egg nog.



Our field trip to get our annual family Santa picture!  Renate was oblivious, but Sierra, who was very excited to meet Santa, became very timid upon entry into Santa's "home" and ended up sitting sort of on my lap.  I will try and post a picture with Santa later.

Our gingerbread house creation, courtesy of Costco.  Sierra and I had a blast doing this (and for future reference, the kit was awesome and very nice to use).  I was very impressed with Sierra's focus and involvement, and how much of it she continued to sneak into her mouth.  :)


I put on a little "cookie party" for Sierra and Dad.  According to Sierra it was "the best cookie party ever... eating cookies, drinking milk and looking at our tree!"

Our most recent High Camp adventure... getting our Christmas tree and attending the cookie party and tree decorating party at the lodge.  It was a blast.  Sierra got to RIDE A SNOWMOBILE with Grandpa Don and instantly made a new friend at the party, while Renate just charmed everyone with her adorable smile.



I had to include this picture.  Take a close look at this (now dilapidated) "princess crown."  Sierra got/made this at a birthday party at the end of November and wore it for the entire first week of December after the party, and it still occasionally comes out.  You would not believe how much tape is now holding it together in multiple places.  Seriously, it only came off to bathe and sleep for a few days... then it had to come off for preschool, but was on immediately after.  It has been worn just about everywhere else.

We went to the Christmas tree lighting event at the Sammamish City Hall.  Sierra's friend Eli and mom, Cheryl, joined us.


December began by getting into the spirit of winter by making these snowman cards.  I cut out the pieces, and Sierra went to town with the glue.  Not too bad!





2 comments:

katy said...

You've been busy (blogging) and everything else! I am *loving* the updates.

katy said...

me again - renate looks darling in that Christmas dress and I love the plaid one on Sierra.